Southern Brisbane Nerf Club

Thursday, 25 July 2013

$2 blaster review... yes another one (Air Blaster Foam Dart Gun)

Well, here we go again. I don't know why I do this to myself but I'm doing it anyway.

So not only is Nerf having their designs copied, but now Buzz Bee is as well. The Air Blaster Foam Dart Gun might look slightly different from a Buzz Bee Tek 6 but the company that made this isn't fooling anyone.



This blaster is light without feeling cheap. However, the one I had was scuffed, dirty and there was a mysterious white substance on it too. The paint job was pretty bad as well.

The darts are Nerf sized suction darts and have a quality feel to them. There are 6 darts that come with the blaster which is good because the blaster can hold 6 darts :) They fit tightly in the barrels which can be both good and bad. Priming the blaster is just as much as a chore as the Tek 6. I don't think my son (7 years old at the time of this post) would be able to prime it. The clockwork is good, I didn't detect any unnecessary friction or feel any grinding.

The trigger guard is just big enough for my index finger and the trigger doesn't have too much play. When you fire the Air Blaster Foam Dart Gun, everything nice I said about it no longer has any weight. The best I was able to get out of this blaster was 16 feet... humph.

Pros:
1. it cost $2
2. light
3. good quality darts

Cons:
1. it cost $2
2. poor performance
3. difficult to prime

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your interesting and informative blog. I have enjoyed reading it and appreciate the work you have put into it. Here is some relevant information for you to review
    Army Dart Gun Combos

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...