Southern Brisbane Nerf Club

Friday, 3 January 2014

RUMOR MILL: Mega "Vulcan"?

So this is an interesting bit of intel. Rumors coming out of China (where 80% of everything on the planet is made, actual statistic) of a big red Mega "Vulcan" type blaster.

There is so much speculation that can come from this, but I'll see what I can do.

Now a red Vulcan is nothing new.

But it will be interesting to see if the aesthetics remain and it is simply modified to accept Mega darts. Or it uses the same mechanics (modified for Mega) but a whole new design. In either case, can you imagine a 25 Mega dart chain?!?

Some question the practicality of a Vulcan (Mega or not), the answer is this. It's not practical. A 25 dart drum in a Rapidstrike will do the same thing but better, but. There is one thing that the Vulcan does better than other blasters. It appeals to your testosterone. What's more manly than holding a chain-fed machine gun at your hip and just letting loose?

And why do I keep saying chain instead off clip? Because there was another rumor a while ago about a mega Gatling Gun, and they don't have clips/mags... ammunition storage device.

I'll leave the rest of the speculation up to you, I still want Hasbro to make my Onslaught, but I won't hold my breath.


Share your thoughts below.

~ Rob

Credit goes to My Last Dart for the Intel.

8 comments:

  1. Can you imagine the price tag that would be attached to a Mega "Vulcan"

    ReplyDelete
  2. [Alex] The funny thing is, if you're a modder like me, you can make a Vulcan work in specific situations - like a turret, or having a big 50 / 75 / 100 dart chain in a paint bucket and still make it fire acceptable distances. For the non-modder, like you said, it's almost just for the sheer "awesome" of being belt fed and feeling like going Nerf-Rambo!

    The "Elite" Vulcan Havoc I am not expecting much from... just a repaint. I really doubt they'd update the internals due to it already being direct plunger, it doesn't look like they've altered the belt in any fashion, and the internals are already overly complicated they probably won't want to touch it anyway. If anything I'm hoping they will improve the belt feed mechanism to be a bit more reliable / stronger.

    BUT back on topic with this MEGA Vulcan... as much as I am a fan of the Magnus (yet to get one though xD) and the idea of large caliber Nerf ammo, it makes me wonder though... WHY!? A MEGA chain would be HUGE! I almost think the chain would only be ten MEGA darts long... heaven forbid they make a 25-dart MEGA chain; they'd have to sell it separately xD

    Still waiting for a MEGA grenade launcher though xD and on the subject of your Onslaught concept - I'm going to try transplanting a Magnus internals in the Centurion - trying to redeem it from it's "Failturion" title :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine how a new vulcan with newer mechanics and mega darts would be anything but awesome. I know that there is a theoretical size limit to a gun a child can use but as a grown man I say bring it on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing I thought of afterwards is the blaster itself could potentially be smaller than the original vulcan, so even if the chain is big, the blaster itself may still be realistic, especially if they went for a flywheel system, the first mega battery powered blaster?

    ReplyDelete
  5. man, i feel liek this gul is being milking allmost as much as the joult!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THE MEGA VULCAN IS ALREADY HERE
    ITS CALLED THE MASTODON

    ReplyDelete
  7. THE MEGA VULCAN IS ALREADY HERE
    ITS CALLED THE MASTODON

    ReplyDelete
  8. THE MEGA VULCAN IS ALREADY HERE
    ITS CALLED THE MASTODON

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...