Southern Brisbane Nerf Club

Friday, 21 February 2014

Feel like Sniping your tablet?

Today I was contacted by a company called X N Touch that have made something called SNIPE. And it looks... interesting.


Boing.

So what is SNIPE? Well, it a collection off apps you can download for your tablet (Android and iOS) that have targets in them, so far there are four apps. Target Tree, Jumpin' Targets, Assembly Line and Pyramid of Cans.


And you shoot the targets with your blaster of choice using special darts with a capacitive pad in them so the tablet recognises a hit. These are suction darts by the way, I'm guessing sucker darts were chosen for their accuracy. There is a promo video as well.


I'm not to sure if I want to shoot my tablet, even if it is with foam and rubber darts, though the iPad in the promo seems to hold up quite well. At the moment, the apps look a bit on the simple side but it's early days yet. I think this would make an awesome party game though. Or even a drinking game, the first guy to miss takes a shot, then start again.



To learn more, click HERE.

So what do you think about this idea?

~ Rob

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...