Southern Brisbane Nerf Club

Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Open Mic Night: A bad blaster that you love

We all have one. That one little guilty pleasure blaster that we know we should hate, but we like. For some silly, inexplicable reason, we like it.

Boing!

I'm not talking about your preferred awfuls blaster. I'm talking one that is particularly bad. I'm talking Centurion, Deploy, Longstrike etc.


For me it the Centurion. I know I'm meant to hate it. But there is something about it that keeps drawing me back to it. And as a result, I've probably spent more time than any normal person would've trying to make it not suck.

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Countless man hours I've spent seeing what, if anything, I can do to it to make it better. Because... I like it.


Anyway. Now you know my dark secret. Time to share yours. What is your guilty pleasure blaster?

~ Rob

11 comments:

  1. I too must declare the Mega Centurion. I know many hate it and performance wise it sucks (other than in range). While I have had none of the problems that others have had, I enjoy shooting this Damn thing and coming up with improvements for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the Centurion too much. With the SuperTak mods I've put on it, it seems like I may be a bit obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too sunk way too much time in to the longstrike. It's such a shame that it hasn't received the elite treatment yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Scout. It's such a good looking shape and slide action, but the plunger is just too small to be of any real use. It's also just a fraction too small for my man hands...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deploy. Hands down, all-time, Deploy.
    Who doesn't love that transforming action?

    Countless paintjobs on the deploy. Countless mods to the stock light in the deploy. Making an "elite" deploy.

    It's. Just. So. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the Elite/N-Strike Spectre. I know a lot of people dislike it, but there is something about the Spectre REV-5 I really like, maybe the looks, the attachments, I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the 'elite' reflex for some reason

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bandolier of Reflexes. 'Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, stock OB!Longshot, actually pretty terrible.

      Delete
  9. I love the hailfire, I have invested so much time into one, I just want it to be good so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd say my favorite crud-bucket is the Tech Target. It may have been out-classed by much of N-Strike, let alone N-Strike Elite, but it is THE COOLEST NERF GUN EVER!!!
    Also, it was the first one I ever used!
    And, with the mods I'm doing, it can pwn your NSE Firestrike flat-out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...