Southern Brisbane Nerf Club

Sunday, 30 November 2014

Open Mic Night: What do you love about the NIC

I haven't done any of these for a long time. And it's always fun to read the responses but this post in particular has to do with a very special recent gift.

More after jump.


Nerfenstein is undoubtedly one of (if not the) best prop weapon builders in the NIC. And she's a local, yes I said "she", now to really make you brainslpode, she's a grandma and a gamer too! I'll wait a while for you to pick up the bits of your mind after it blew.
























Now recently she made this for me.


I didn't ask her to, she didn't tell me and this was completely unexpected. The time, effort and thought that went into this just makes it more awesome. It also reminds me of all the great people I've met in the NIC and how awesome it is. Granted, there are those that give themselves the power of authority and believe that if you're not doing it their way, it's the wrong way. But what hobby doesn't have those types of people?

Nerfenstein's gift rendered me speechless. I was blown away that someone with the following that she has, would take the time to make this for my pokey little blog.

So, my question tonight is (and it is night for me right now), what do you love about the NIC?

I'm not going to give any ideas by telling you what I love, I want your response. Now, I have to go to bed now, I have to get up early to buy some books before work tomorrow.

~ Rob

PS. I do own some books:
The Art of War ~ Sun Tzu
The Portrait of Dorian Grey ~ Oscar Wilde
Frankenstein ~ Mary Shelly
Dracula ~ Bram Stoker
Crime and Punishment ~ Fyodor Dostoyevsky

7 comments:

  1. I love how diverse the community is. We have people in America, Australia, Singapore, Europe, and other places I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! Sacratomato FTW! GO REPUBLIC FC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the creativity and innovation within the community. Whether modding for performance or building Nerf based props, many in the NIC are constantly trying new things, and sharing them with the rest of us.
    I also appreciate what you (Rob), and several other blogs, do in bringing us the most up-to-date info on new blasters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how even though I'm in Canada and you are halfway acrooss the world, I can still share my ideas with you. Please check out my blog Trottserdoodles Nerf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It amuses us. NERF ON NERFerS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you decide to add a patio to your home, you are not only adding a luxurious place where you will be able to enjoy parties, gatherings or
    solitary moments for years to come, but you are also building something that will add significant value to your house.
    These two factors are enough to convince many homeowners that a patio construction project should absolutely be a part of their budget, but if you need some
    brisbane patios and decks
    brisbane southside patios

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...