Southern Brisbane Nerf Club

Thursday, 22 January 2015

Nerf Thunderblast!

Well now. You know all those people that cut the rocket launcher off the Demolisher? Well, I think that gave Hasbro an idea. Take a look at the Thunderblast fresh from Baidu!

More after jump!


Wait for it.















Wait for it.











BOOM!

So what do we have here? The first thing that I notice is the shoulder stock. It holds two rocket darts and looks like it might be meant to sit on top of your shoulder? Which would make reloading an awkward affair. I also notice the absence of triggers. Which leads me to believe this will be a HAMP like the Demolisher's rocket launcher. The orange fore-grip looks to house a plunger to me, see the black circle at the back?

I also notice that the shoulder stock doesn't come off! Or at least doesn't appear to. There is a tac rail on the top and a giant orange tip.

The absence of a trigger is a bit sucky. And you know that someone will put an air tank in one at some point. Don't know if I like all that orange. Elite blue or the same colour as the shoulder stock would've been better. I actually want this, I do. Get some tac-rail to tac-rail connectors, remove the stock and you have a nice underslung rocket gun! Not too sure about the placement of the handles though. They seem a bit close for my liking.

What are your thoughts?

~ Rob

5 comments:

  1. First of all, exciting! Secondly, I would think that they'd be better served to move the Orange/black fore-grip to the front of the orange mech. Having the fore-grip that close to the handle at the end of a pump would make for wobbly aiming and discomfort in operation. I have the same problem with a surviving FastBlast due to its size. Am I wrong in this assessment? Thirdly, the Thunderblast also looks like the site at the muzzle might serve a secondary purpose for strap attachment. There's an off-white area in the middle that seems to be more the color of the pic backdrop than the Elite white. Thanks for your diligence, Rob. Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smyths Toys - NERF N-Strike Crossbolt: http://youtu.be/IW7zBf5HRpU

    Just found this video from smyths.uk. It shows the firing for the nerf crossbolt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update on my previous post, the crossbolt , the secret shot, the flipfury , and the cyclone shock are all listed on smyths .UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elite blue or the same colour as the shoulder stock would've been better. I actually want this, I do. Get some tac-rail to tac-rail connectors, ... inerfelite.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should do a mod for the thunderblast to make it shoot elite darts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...